The Fall 2022 seminar has reached capacity. Please contact Eric Fournier email@example.com for more information.
The Early Career Faculty Seminar is a series of workshops and discussions for full-time faculty new to WashU (and with less than three years of college teaching experience) designed to assist them in having a successful start with teaching responsibilities at the university. The seminar series will introduce participants to issues such as course design, effective teaching strategies, and classroom management.
Seminar will meet bi-weekly from 3:00-4:30 beginning Thursday, September 8.
Meetings will be in person on the Danforth Campus (rooms TBD).
Participants will receive:
- An evidence-based foundation in the theory and practice of effective teaching in higher education
- Access to a curated collection of Canvas-based teaching resources
- Expert advice on designing (or redesigning) a course
- A copy of Engaged Teaching: A Handbook for College Faculty
- Opportunities to connect with other instructors from across the university
Faculty who attend 6/8 sessions and complete all the program requirements will receive a certificate from The Center for Teaching and Learning recognizing their active participation in the seminar.