The Center for Teaching and Learning offers regular workshops and virtual conversations open to Washington University faculty and staff with teaching responsibilities. These workshops feature interactive discussions of research on teaching and learning, as well as best practices for refining teaching methods to improve student learning and engagement. Participation in these workshops provides opportunities to learn about evidence-based teaching and to engage in lively discussions on effective pedagogy with colleagues from across the disciplines.
Recent Workshop Topics Include
- Facilitating Challenging Conversations in the Classroom
- Fostering Student Self-Efficacy in the Classroom
- Introduction to Universal Design for Learning
- Engaging Students as Partners in Learning
- Fostering Engaging Discussions
Departmental or School-Specific Workshops
In addition to the workshops described above, The Center for Teaching and Learning develops faculty workshops co-sponsored by departments. For information or to schedule a departmental workshop, contact Dr. Eric Fournier.