Are you a PhD student who is interested in advising the Center for Teaching and Learning on its programs for graduate students? Do you have ideas and insights that you would like to contribute regarding the kind of professional development programs and topics that would be most useful to current and future grad students? Would you like to plan and host teaching-related events for graduate students at WashU? Apply to join the Graduate Student Advisory Council!
We are currently adding 4-5 new members to the multidisciplinary Graduate Student Advisory Council. Advisory Council meetings are once a month (Sept-Nov & Feb-May) from 5-6pm on either Tuesdays or Thursdays. Typically, there are around 4-6 Graduate Student Advisory Council events per school year.
Excellent applicants will:
- Have previously participated in Center for Teaching and Learning workshops
- Be interested in or have previously completed at levels of the Teaching Center Professional Development in Teaching program
- Demonstrate a strong investment in learning about teaching in their statement of interest
- Be interested in participating in the group for 2 years (this is not a requirement, but a preference)
- Be willing to attend all six online monthly meetings for the 2021-2022 school year
If you are interested in applying, please send a brief (250 words or less) statement of interest, along with a CV, to Dr. Megan Gregory at email@example.com by September 3rd, 2021. Please include in your statement your name, department, degree program, and year in program, as well as an indication of whether you are able to serve for 1 or 2 years.
Applicants will be informed of whether they have been selected for the advisory group in mid-September. Selections will be made based on the criteria outlined above, and with an eye towards ensuring a diverse membership (e.g. discipline, department, teaching experiences).
Questions may be directed to Dr. Megan Gregory (firstname.lastname@example.org), Senior Assistant Director of Educational Development and TC Grad Advisory Council Staff Liaison