What is a Tech Training?
The Center for Teaching and Learning regularly offers interactive in-person or Zoom sessions on teaching and learning with technologies throughout the year. These Tech Trainings are an opportunity to quickly learn about educational technologies and interact with peers. Trainings range from tutorials on basics for using specific tools to advanced discussions about how to better leverage a tool for teaching and learning.
Tech Trainings typically focus on institutionally-supported digital tools, classroom AV/IT equipment, and practices for teaching with technologies. CTL staff from Educational Development and Classroom Services facilitates the trainings.
Examples of Past Tech Trainings (Partial List)
- Introduction to Hypothesis
- Poll Everywhere Basics
- Teaching in Pooled Classrooms
- Using Padlet for Intros, Brainstorming, Discussion, and More!
- Recording and Sharing Lecture Videos with Kaltura
- Introduction to Zoom Whiteboards in the Classroom
- Gradescope Tips & Tricks for Instructors, AIs, and Graders
Departmental or School-Specific Trainings
In addition to the our scheduled trainings, The Center for Teaching and Learning is happy to work with departments or schools to develop a tech training that meets the teaching and learning needs of a specific audience. For information or to discuss such an event, please contact Dr. Sally Wu.