In order to record a lecture without having it be published to Canvas, you will need to set up the meeting from outside of Canvas and directly share it with students through the main Zoom application.
To set up the Zoom meeting outside of Canvas, you will need to:
- Go to https://wustl.zoom.us and log into your account using your WUSTL Key credentials:
- You will then click on “Schedule” and fill out the required information:
- You can make it a recurring meeting by checking the “Recurring Meeting” option:
To share the recording with students, you will:
- Go to https://wustl.zoom.us and log into your account using your WUSTL Key credentials.
- Go to your “Recordings” tab:
- Click on the desired recording, click “Share” and enter in email address(es) or copy the shareable link and send it to the students:
- You can adjust share settings such as setting an expiration date or preventing download by clicking on “Share Settings”: