Faculty Institute on Inclusive Teaching
Inclusion and Diversity to Engage All Faculty Institute on Teaching (IDEA FIT) is a two-day institute that offers faculty from across the disciplines an opportunity to learn about and develop evidence-based strategies that can foster inclusion in teaching and learning. The 2017 institute took place on May 24-25.
Supported by the Office of the Provost, IDEA FIT has been designed to provide Washington University faculty with the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues on inclusive teaching practices and approaches. The institute will include working-group sessions as well as interactive workshops on topics such as the following:
- Creating an Inclusive Learning Environment
- Understanding Bias and Its Effects on Teaching and Learning
- Facilitating Challenging Conversations in the Classroom
- Designing Inclusive Course Objectives and Assignments
- Fostering a Growth Mindset
If you have questions regarding the IDEA FIT, please contact Beth Fisher, Director, Academic Services.