Conference on Game-Based Teaching at Indiana University
The Teach, Play, Learn Conference, Indiana University-South Bend’s first annual academic conference on game-based teaching and learning, is accepting proposals for presentations on real-life usage, empirical studies, and theoretical discussions. The conference organizers are particularly interested in interactive workshops involving the best practices of teaching with games or playful elements in the classroom.
Possible topics may include:
- use of board, card, or video games for educational purposes
- gamification of the course
- simulations and role playing
- use of augmented and/or virtual reality (AR, VR)
- study and research of games in the context of education
- use of games in other educational contexts
The inaugural conference will be held on Friday, June 22, 2018, 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. at IU South Bend’s Education and Arts building.
Proposals must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, April 27th, 2018.